Dr. Fanselow is a Distinguished Professor in the Department of Psychology at U.C.L.A. and has held academic appointments at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Dartmouth College before coming to UCLA in 1987. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Washington and received the Edwin B Newman Award for Excellence in Research for his dissertation work there. He has also received the Early Career Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award, the D. O. Hebb Award from the American Psychological Association, the Troland Award from the National Academy of Science, and is a member of the honorary Society of Experimental Psychologists. He was elected President of the American Psychological Association's Division of Behavioral Neuroscience and Comparative Psychology and President of the Pavlovian Society. He currently holds positions as the Staglin Family Chair and the Director of the Staglin Music Festival Center for Brain & Behavioral Health.
- Introducing Lydia Fanselow!October 8, 2021 - 5:24 am
First girl born into the Fanselow fam since 1960! My 2nd Grandchild and first Granddaughter!!
In the News
- Our own Dr. Ann Hoffman contributes time to the Veterans Yoga ProjectOctober 26, 2020 - 8:56 pm
See article here
- Michael Fanselow32nd Winter Conference on Neural PlasticityFebruary 11, 2020 - 2:40 pm
- Check out our lab’s latest preprint on “A peptidergic amygdala microcircuit modulates sexually dimorphic contextual fear”February 6, 2020 - 3:23 pm
- Dr. Fanselow Keynote Session Speaker at the Gordon Research Conference on Predator-Prey InteractionsJanuary 22, 2020 - 11:11 pm